Monday 9 May 2011

I got love for leggins

I work out in them, I watch movies in them, I go out in them, I dance in them, sometimes, I fall asleep in them.  I have to ask myself, what would i do without leggings?  From my first ever 1980'S minnie mouse neon pink pair to my topshop wet look pair, I never have, and never will, give up on the leggings trend.

Stirrup ones, wet look ones, leather ones, lycra ones, fringed ones, lace ones, patterned ones....shall I go on??  I LOVE LEGGINGS.  I cant understand when girls say they would only wear leggings around the house, with the selection on the high street these days, theres no excuse for squeezing into skinny jeans for a night out during a fat day.  NO EXCUSE.  Get a pair of leggings and look dressed up while feeling comfortable.


Im not saying everyone should live in them like myself, but i just wish everyone would appreciate them as much as i do.

Leggings DO's and DONT's!!
  • DONT wear ordinary cotton leggings on a night out, these are called house leggings, learn the difference.
  • DO make sure your leggings are thick enough and big enough that your bum has not stretched them into transparent form, no one wants to see your bare ass in the middle of tescos.
  • DO realise its ok to wear leggings out, just make sure they have something different, for example, wet look, pattern, any kind of detail.
  • DO wear leggings with a really high heel and dressy top to dress them up.
  • DONT wear leggings under a dress or skirt unless you are under 15 or over 40.
  • DO make sure your top is appropriate.  It must be baggy and of a certain lenght.
  • DONT wear leggings with an abercrombie/hollister hoodie.  Leggings are not a replacement for jeans, step away from the RA look. 
Any finally...
  • DONT underestimate the style power of leggings, worn with the right outfit, they can do wonders.

No comments: